Monday, June 20, 2011

Packing

It's amazing how much stuff one can accumulate in just a few short years.  I had slimmed down what I owned when I moved into my Grandmother's after coming back from England.  Now I have a whole houseful of stuff (a good bit of which is my husband's too) that a lot of which I have no idea where it came from or why we have it!  So now with this move it has been a lot of purging of stuff.  So it's time for sorting: stuff we need, stuff we don't need, stuff we want and well other stuff we can't figure out what to do with but know that we can't get rid of it for one reason or another.  We began with our clothes, sorting what we think we need to take and what is not good enough to be given precious shipping room.  This was an easy task compared to some of the other things I have tried to sort to this point.  Next we begin on the kitchen.  There are so many things that I want to take but that I don't have room for and that I probably don't need.  Then there are the crafts that both Andrew and I do.  We know that we want to take these as we are going to have a lot of free time come winter to do them (we won't be able to be outside exploring after about October/November).  We are trying to decide what crafts to take and of those crafts what really needs to go.  Wow do we have a lot of hobbies!  Well that's another on the list for this week.  We will see how it all goes this evening.

~ Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment